RuneTrack Forums
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:52 am 
Site Admin

Hey all,

I've now added a flurry of helpful new features and fixes to RuneTrack:
  • The contents of the old "User Stat History" page has been split among the "User Stat History" and "User Stat Progress" pages.
  • Competition Trackers now use a new stat checking algorithm which runs five times faster - meaning you'll only be waiting a few seconds instead of a few minutes when you press the "Update Clan Stats" button on Competition Trackers.
  • Once a competition starts, the competition administrator now has the ability to remove members from ongoing competitions (however, they cannot remove members from the competition after it's finished).
  • Instead of using the universal GMT standard on all Competition Trackers, competition administrators can now set the competition start and end time in a timezone of their choice.
  • Based on the custom timezone selected on Competition Trackers by the competition administrator, clicking on the blue timezone text on a Competition Tracker will reveal a RuneTrack Auto Timezone Converter with the competition's start or end time, as well as proper timezone, so whoever is viewing it will know exactly when the competition starts or ends in their home timezone.
  • RuneTrack now uses a "resolution" cookie to give you a personalized browsing experience based on your screen resolution. This allows the site to expand certain features like the flash graphs and charts for wider resolutions, and consense them for lower resolutions.
  • Hovering over your current XP on your User Profile Page will display how much XP you have remaining until the next level.
  • RuneTrack Auto Timezone Converters now have improved text support for special characters in the title.
  • To recognize those who have given their time to contributing display name changes on the Contribute a Display Name Change page, there is now a leaderboard of the top name contributors. To be included in the running for this leaderboard, you must type your own display name (which must have its own RuneTrack account) in the optional field before submitting a name change contribution.
  • The top three name contributors will have a special contribution medal placed on their User Profile page to recognize their support of the site. An example of this medal can be seen on the current #1 name contributor's User Profile: Capheraekton.
  • RuneTrack now has improved HTML 4.01 and CSS validation. When you click a blue "W3C" button link at the bottom of any page, the "W3C" site will scan the code of the current page you are on, and prove that the page is coded to precise HTML 4.01 standards.
  • Usernames now appear without the underscore "_" and instead use a proper space, unless a name has multiple spaces, in which the name will appear with underscores to show multiple spaces.
  • Page source codes are now properly formatted in terms of tabs and new line spacing. This can be seen in Internet Explorer by right clicking on the page, clicking "View Source", then unchecking "Word Wrap" on the Format menu. In Firefox, this can be seen by right clicking the page and selecting "View Page Source", then deselecting "Wrap Long Lines" under the View menu.

As always, if any element of the site isn't working exactly as it should (or even looks just a little off), please feel free to drop a quick note in the Bugs/Issues Forum and it'll be quickly fixed. Thanks for your continued help!

I hope these upgrades will enhance the user experience of RuneTrack and lay the foundation for further developments to come. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 pm 

Thank you!!! The time zone upgrade was a wonderful surprise when I set up our August contest yesterday. You do excellent work Swordkill.

Thanks again for a truly useful tool.

Cheers,
Tamarac Elf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 am 

Another Great Job... I use your site more than any other. (except Runescape that is :lol: ) Thanks for all the hard work...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm 

Keep up the good work, the users are growing so I hope that keeps you looking for improvements. And ofcourse I am always willing to help ya (posted some more bugs i found).

Grtz,
DutchStar

I <3 Runetrack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:45 pm 

I appreciate the work so much! Thanks for all the fixes and keep it up :) Awesome website you have here!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 am 

nice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:33 am 

cool website :)

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]