RuneTrack Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:07 am 

NEW YORK -- Mets third baseman David Wright will sit out the rest of the season because of a nagging injury to his left shoulder. Wright was examined Tuesday by doctors at the Hospital for Special Surgery, where he had an MRI that showed persistent inflammation in his rotator cuff. Wright said he will rest to decrease the inflammation and then begin a six-week rehabilitation program to strengthen his entire shoulder. "Its disappointing," Wright said Tuesday night. "But I think for me personally, making sure I end this year as healthy as can be and then do what I can, starting with this rehab program, to ensure that I will be as close to 100 per cent for spring training is the goal." General manager Sandy Alderson said Wright could have further tests, including another MRI with dye, after the inflammation subsides. The seven-time All-Star and team captain was scratched from New Yorks lineup against Colorado because of increased soreness in his shoulder, which has bothered him since mid-June. He had a cortisone shot around the All-Star break. "This year speaks volumes about his character," second baseman Daniel Murphy said after the Mets 2-0 win over the Rockies. Despite the pain, Wright has missed only 11 games, but his power and production have dropped off dramatically in the second year of a $138 million, eight-year contract. He batted .269 with eight homers -- none after July 11 -- and 63 RBIs. Wright had never hit fewer than 10 homers in any of his 10 previous major league seasons. "Im not one to make excuses and Im not going to start doing it now," Wright said. "I think that there were times I shouldve done better, I couldve done better. This season has left a sour taste in my mouth." Alderson, though, defended Wrights performance. "David did what captains do: He persevered, he gutted it out," Alderson said. "Numbers or no numbers, he did what we expected. He made a major contribution to the team." The Mets did get back Murphy, who batted second in the win over the Rockies. Murphy was activated from the disabled list and went 1 for 3 with a walk. He had been out since Aug. 24 with a strained right calf. The fourth-place Mets improved to 70-75 with 17 games remaining. They are 5 1-2 games out of a playoff spot. Off White Vans Old Skool . First reported by FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal, its unknown if the impetus for the deferral proposal came from players or management, but it never left the preliminary stages. Vans Old Skool Triple Black . After deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league would consider pulling out of Sochi if something "significant" happens before players arrive, those set to participate are trying not to worry about that scenario. http://www.cheapvansshoesuk.org/vans-tr ... ive.html.J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent. Cheap UK Vans Old Skool Black/Red|Mens/Womens . Watch all the action unfold live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. You can also watch the game live with the debut of Wednesday Night Hockey on TSN.ca and chat throughout the game with TSN. Vans Outlet Store UK .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs.MADRID, Spain -- Spain striker Fernando Torres says he can make the World Cup squad and help his country defend its title in Brazil. Torres tells Spanish daily AS "in football you never know where you will be inside one month. Im going to work hard, thats all you can do with this last part of the season so important. Those in the best form before the Worldd Cup will go.dddddddddddd" The Chelsea striker was dropped from Spains team for a recent friendly against Italy with Brazilian-born striker Diego Costa taking his place. Alvaro Negredo is also ahead of him in the pecking order. Torres, who turned 30 on Thursday, helped Spain win back-to-back European Championships and the last World Cup. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]