RuneTrack Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:27 am 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- David Nelson was home in Texas and getting ready to head to a baseball game Monday night, when his agent called. Forget the Texas Rangers-Tampa Bay Rays wild-card tiebreaker, he told the wide receiver. "You should probably watch the football game," Nelson recalled him saying. "Because youre going to be playing next Monday night." The New York Jets signed Nelson on Wednesday, and the former Buffalo Bills wide receiver could make an immediate impact on a banged-up receiving corps. Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill could both be sidelined for the Jets game against the Falcons at Atlanta on Monday night, so Nelson might need to be ready to play despite just getting to his new team. "Im confident that I can, when it comes to Monday," Nelson said, "Ill know where to be and when to be there." Holmes tweaked a hamstring at Tennessee last Sunday and is expected to miss a few games. Hill suffered a concussion, and his status was uncertain. "I think David is going to be a big-time target for us," quarterback Geno Smith said. Nelson played with Buffalo from 2010-12 and caught 94 passes for 1,042 yards and eight touchdowns. He signed with Cleveland in the off-season but was among the Browns final cuts before the regular season. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Nelsons best season came in 2011, when he had 61 receptions for 658 yards and five touchdowns. "Ive never been involved in a West Coast system, per se," Nelson said about offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs offence. "Routes are similar. Its just done in a little bit different manner as far as motioning and formations. But the routes are the same, so its just figuring out what routes go with what concept." He said hes completely healthy after he tore a ligament in his right knee in the Bills season opener last year -- against the Jets at MetLife Stadium. Nelson, who impressed the Jets during a workout last week, spent several hours working with receivers coach Sanjay Lal on Tuesday. Nelson said Smith also introduced himself and immediately took him to the film room to watch the Falcons offence together. "Hes a veteran guy, and youve got to get him up to speed in a hurry," coach Rex Ryan said. "I have no idea how much he knows of this system or anything else right now. But I know we had to defend against him. Hes a very capable receiver." In four games against the Jets, Nelson had 15 receptions for 189 yards and two TDs -- both in 2011. "I told him its good to finally be on his side so I dont have to worry about his schemes anymore," Nelson said he told Ryan. "And he turned around and said, Its good to have you on my side so I dont have to worry about scheming against you anymore. So, that was comforting and gave me a lot of confidence." Oh, and as far as that Rangers game, Nelson still went and watched Texas season end with a 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay. "Im a huge Rangers fan, and a huge baseball fan," Nelson said. "It was just a chance to celebrate with my brother and spend one last night in Dallas before it was back to the grind." Nike Pegasus 34 Australia . Meeks has agreed to a $19.5 million, three-year deal with Detroit, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night. The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free agents cant sign contracts until the leagues moratorium ends July 10, also said Cartier Martin had agreed to a one-year contract with the rebuilding franchise. Mens Australia Nike Shox NZ Black/Silver Logo Sale . The CFL club is making the move after holding its camp and regular-season practices at the University of Toronto campus in Mississauga, Ont. http://www.pizazzms.com/nike-cortez-australia.html. The third-seeded Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., was coming off a semifinal appearance at the French Open. She took the opening set before the unseeded American came back for the 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory. Nike Air Presto Australia . Rinehart joins safety Darrell Stuckey and linebacker Donald Butler as potential unrestricted free agents who are remaining with the team. Cheap Air Max 2018 . Seriously. Seven years of losing has brought many different faces, players and management, to the annual pre-season get-to-know-the-team round up.The Winnipeg Jets surge has them eyeing the top spot in the Central Division, and theyve also been picking up valuable points against division opponents along the way. They can earn another victory over a Central team when they go for their second win in a week over the struggling Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night. Viewers and listeners in the Jets region can catch the game starting at 7:30pm ct on TSN3 and TSN Radio 1290. Winnipeg (15-9-5) bounced back from a shootout loss to Anaheim on Sunday by winning 5-2 at Dallas on Tuesday. Rookie Adam Lowry scored twice and backup Michael Hutchinson made 26 saves for the Jets, 5-0-2 in their last seven. The production from the 6-foot-5, 207-pound Lowry was timely with fellow forward Evander Kane sitting out the first of a two-game suspension for checking-from-behind major and game-misconduct penalties against the Ducks Clayton Stoner. It was great, right wing Blake Wheeler told the teams official website about the performance of the 21-year-old Lowry. Hes been close all year, and I think when hes playing physical and hes playing fast, he creates a lot of havoc out there for himself and for his linemates. Its great to see him rewarded for all the good things hes done for our team this year. Wheeler added a goal and an assist to give him six points in the past three games. Dustin Byfugliens four-game goal streak was snapped, but he recorded two assists. Though in fourth place, Winnipeg has moved to within four points of first after improving to 5-3-1 against Central opponents. All these games in our division, they will be important throughout the year, coach Paul Maurice said. Theres a lot of points on the line and these are critical games. Maurices team has also been proficient on the road, moving to 9-4-3 heading into the finale of a two-game trip. The Jets rolled past Colorado by a 6-2 score Friday behind three goals and an assist from Bryan Little, and the Avalanche werent much better in their next game, falling 3-0 to Nashville at home Tuesday. They were outshot 36-26 in dropping to 0-3-1 in December after winning five of their last seven in November. The Avs (9-13-6) have been shut out four times affter being blanked once in 2013-14.dddddddddddd They have a shots-per-game differential of minus-4.29, which is 26th in the NHL. You watch the videos, and when we have point shots, were passing in front and we finish on the side instead of stopping and staying there. Were just looking maybe for the perfect goal all the time, coach Patrick Roy told the teams website. Thats not the way it works. Sometimes youre going to have the ugly one and tip something on someone and itll go in, especially against a goalie (Pekka Rinne) that played that well. The banged-up Avs played Tuesday without goaltender Semyon Varlamov, who missed his 10th game of the season after aggravating a groin injury during practice Monday, but rookie Calvin Pickard stepped in and was Colorados best player with 33 saves. Roy said Varlamov would miss a couple weeks. I think we have so much talent, its only a matter of time before we explode and have a big night, Pickard said. Its definitely going to come soon. Winnipeg, though, has won three straight in the series - two this season - and is 4-0-2 in the past six meetings. The Jets Ondrej Pavelec, who could return for this game, is 4-1-1 with a 1.78 goals-against average in six career starts against Colorado. TSN Game Notes WPG is 2-0-0 vs COL this season, both games at home COL was 2-0-1 at home vs WPG last season COL (9-13-6): 0-3-1 past 4 games, outscored 17-8 4-5-0 when scoring first Iginla (2G) vs WPG this season WPG (15-9-5): 5-0-2 past 7 games, 2 or fewer GA in 6 of the games 3-0-1 past 4 road games, 5/16 on PP Little (4G, 1A) vs COL this season Byfuglien (4G, 3A) 5 game PT streak Jets projected lines: Forward: Ladd - Little - Wheeler Perreault - Scheifele - Frolik Thorburn - Lowry - Halischuk Galiardi - Slater - Peluso Defence: Chiarot - Byfuglien Stuart - Trouba Pardy - Postma Goalies: Pavelec Hutchinson Avalanche projected lines Forward: Tanguay - Duchene - OReilly Iginla - MacKinnon - Landeskog McLeod - Talbot - Briere Carey - Rendulic - Holden Defence: Johnson - Hejda Barrie - Guenin Redmond - Stollery Goalie: Pickard Berra Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]