RuneTrack Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm 

Hey,

my clan together with about 7 other clans are going to do a skillwar with different categories ("most exp/lvl ups from the top 10 exp/lvl-gainer in each clan" and "most total exp/lvl ups").
About two years ago we did nearly the same thing with only 1 other clan; back then I copied (php: copy() ) the 2 whole competition pages and processed the data after that with my script.

As I saw in this thread there is an include-page for clan competitions.
I was wondering whether it is possible to "use" that page for a similar purpose as a user requested in this thread.

It would be much easier (and would cause lower traffic ;) ) if were possible to get the raw-(json)-data from each clan-tracker :)
Would that be possible? :-k

regards,
GymBo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:14 am 
Site Admin

Hi GymBo,

Unfortunately there is no raw/JSON feed for the clan competition trackers (the JSON feed mentioned in the other thread was actually part of a package called Open Flash Chart 2 which is used to draw the graphs on the site). The include page referenced in the error message is actually just the main content area of the page where the table/data is rendered as a whole. It's not really possible to use this page in isolation as it relies on things like database connections being present for it to function.

At some point I was hoping to make an API for easier external data access, but until then I'm afraid you'll just have to keep copying the full page data.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 am 

Sword Kill11 wrote:
[...] as it relies on things like database connections being present for it to function.
Yep, thought it is that way <.<
Sword Kill11 wrote:
At some point I was hoping to make an API for easier external data access,
Glad to hear that :thumbsup:

Thanks for the answer to clear that up! :)

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]